Tuesday, June 29, 2010

you are not gonna believe this.....

Okay sorry for taking so long between updates. Major busy week last week. Except I can't tell you much what I was doing other than looking for my lost checkbook, which I still cannot find, taking Whitaker out for daily air-conditioned rides in the car, and working on a massive, annoying, seemingly endless project for my Library Media Technology class I am taking right now. Almost done. Thank God.

Other stuff: We went to see "Grown Ups" and the boys LOVED it. John and I thought it was really funny and not even raunchy at all. (how do you spell "raunchy" anyway?) Whitaker got his stitches out today and he is doing awesome. He only flinched a couple of times and I was so proud of him. I really like the Nurse Practitioner that worked with us today. She is super sweet. The incision looks a little bad today but it is just a step in the healing process. He is very excited about getting to swim tomorrow. Tomorrow is full of fun as the new Harry Potter Lego Wii game is coming out, and we are going to the Tuesday morning free movie at the theater. yee-ha!

I ordered iPhone 4's today for John and me, and they will be here in three weeks. So excited about that and really hoping we can drop our home phone - we are hardly ever here anyway and mostly it just gets messages, so I'm thinking it is on its way out. Plus, despite loving my iPhone, I kind of strongly dislike AT&T so I am all about paying them as little as possible.

John has played golf four times in the last week, so don't let him whine to you about never getting to play golf. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to play, and I know he works really hard all the rest of the time, but he has played OFTEN lately. Today we looked at new irons for him so he could get his old ones cut off for the boys. He won enough gift certificates in his recent scrambles to buy new golf shoes at the pro shop, so I guess it's all good. Right now he is watching a movie that I don't want to watch which will have repercussions for him later.

Whitaker still cannot get hot, get rowdy, run, jump, dive, etc. for four more weeks, but he can throw a ball in the backyard and dribble around as long as he stays hydrated. The risk of developing a CSF leak is almost completely gone, so as long as we keep praying and don't let him stand on his head while watching TV, we should be in the clear. We feel so blessed and so relieved that the surgery was successful and that his recovery has been as smooth as it has. We are so thankful for all of our friends who have brought food, presents, balloons, games, cards, candy, and smiles to us in addition to their prayers. You will all get a thank-you note eventually, but we can never thank you enough.

If possible, I am going to upload a video of what happened at our house yesterday while John was playing golf winning his golf tournament. It is amusing and might serve as more evidence that we should have our own reality show. Not in a crazy-balloon-boy-family sort of way, just a funniest home vidoes sort of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment