Thursday, June 17, 2010

Much, Much BETTER Day!

We started out the day with more puking, but since then have made a huge improvement. He is off the morphine, has his bandage off, is out of ICU (in room 427!), and he is talking more, eating more, and tinkling more. He has been pushing my buttons again, which brought a big grin to his face, and he is currently trying to stay awake to watch the Celtics win.

He has been getting up and down out of bed some, not moving his head from side to side a whole lot, but has been tolerating food, drink and medicine, which is great. We really believe that the worst is behind us.

Not sure how much longer we will be here, but we don't really care since he is doing so much better. We will stay as long as they want us to.

At his request, I took a picture of his incision with my phone and showed it to him. He made me promise not to put it on facebook or the blog. So I won't. But in a rare moment of good-mommyhood, I took a picture of the front of him first and made him look at his face and how healthy and normal he looks from the front before I let him look at the back of his head. I felt that would be reassuring, and it sort of was. He decided he didn't look too amused in the picture, so that motivated him to play a trick on me, which was mean, and shows he is almost back to his old self. gotta love that! He thought the back of his head looked bad and that he looked like Frankenstein. We told him it looked really, really good considering what all was done to him.  Of course, we think he is adorable, but he is particularly adorable when he feels well.

Thanks again for everyone's kind thoughts, cards, and especially prayers. When he gets all better, we are going to have a huge "Well Whitaker" party to celebrate. Everyone is invited, and I do mean EVERYONE. Even if we don't know you or you don't even like us, you are still invited to come celebrate the wellness. It won't be for three months, because we have to follow doctor's orders, but I'll let you know.

Here are a couple of pics - not the ones I promised not to post, but a couple of others from our week.

above: pre-op with some happy juice. below: post-op and not so happy



 

 peace to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Of course he looks adorable and peaceful as he sleeps! Much love and prayers your way! We are thinking of you and miss you. Enjoy the peace and quite, it won't be that way for long. You know he will be back to 100% in no time. You can't keep a good man down! Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! Thank you Lord for answering our prayers!

    So happy to hear the good news. Whitaker, you are so brave and full of courage. I am so happy you are feeling better every day. Hang in there kiddo and parents!

    ReplyDelete