Thursday, June 10, 2010

dog update

Long story short....my wonderful friend Barb sent me links to two places:
here, http://www.softpaws.net/?gclid=CMjbltCClqICFYd-5QodsBxuGg
where I got some nail covers for the dog that are acrylic or plastic and you glue on over his own nails.......

and I got him some booties from here: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_kitchen?ie=UTF8&search-alias=garden&field-brandtextbin=Ultra%20Paws%20Durable%20Dog%20Boots

Monday, John went to play golf, I picked the dog up from the vet and gave him a bath, flea/tick treatment and massage and brushing. Then I put the nail tips on him and I thought it helped a lot to keep him from scratching. When J came home, he was mad and grouchy for about two days. Then I whipped out the booties and they work PERFECTLY to make him not scratch the floors. I also played the sympathy card and told him that dogs are therapeutic in recovery and that we needed to do whatever we could to help Whitaker next week when we come home from the hospital. (No wonder he is such a maniputlative little guy!) Now the dog looks like this, happy and comfy in our house after his week of being an outside dog.



can you see the love on that face?Tebow is not totally crazy about the booties, but we are crazy about him, so this is how it is going to be. for a while. until the kids scratch the floor up so badly that the dog's marks will be unnoticeable. hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment