Wednesday, June 16, 2010

baby "L" is crying

I don't know whether that is a good thing or a bad thing, but it is stressing me out. I also am slightly to severely stressed out because my child cannot pee. He has puked out more than what has been put in today, but they are still probably going to cath him if he doesn't produce something in the next three hours. I feel so helpless because he is just laying there.

Earlier today, he did get out of bed and sit in a chair. The doctor came in and explained some things to us, but basically just reassured us that anything kids do is acceptable because every kid is different. He asked Whitaker if he had been watching the World Cup and if he watched the US. Whit said no, so the doc asked him if he could remember what teams he did watch. Whitaker thought about it for a moment and said, "Japan and Camaroon." I was trying to remember and all I could come up with was a visual image of an Oriental guy in my head, so I am taking his correct answer as a great sign of his cognitive abilities.

Spending the night (or until further notice) in ICU. Can't sleep much due to lots of beeping and checking and children crying, but W gets really good care in here, so it's all good. Just hoping tonight is quieter than last night and tomorrow is a better day.

Summary: Couple of med changes, hoping for some pee, still waiting for a regular room, not even close to being ready for visitors.

and one more thing.....how ironic is it that they have a MCDONALD'S in a hospital?  I'm thankful for the coffee, though, and please say a prayer for baby "L". Her daddy just came over and gave us cupcakes and offered some movies for Whitaker to watch, but he's so not interested.  She's sleeping now, too.

1 comment:

  1. God, please hear my prayer: Bless Whitaker and give him comfort and freedom from pain. And God, while you are at it, please help his Momma and Daddy feel your comfort too. (P. S. Don't forget Tretter.) Thank you for hearing me. Debra

    ReplyDelete