Sunday, August 16, 2009

why have a running blog?

Well here are my reasons for starting running and a running blog:

  • all my friends are running and I feel left out
  • I signed up for a 5K and I should probably train a little
  • the blog will help keep me accountable to myself and others
  • I quit therapy two months ago and at this point running seems better than drinking
  • the dog needs to run in the mornings to help with his separation anxiety
  • I'M FAT!
  • maybe if I get in a habit of running, I will finally like myself (probably not, but it's worth a try)

I have exactly 9 weeks until I am supposed to run, so the Couch to 5K program might be a good place to start.

Sunday evening; weight: unknown - too scared to get on the scale; today: chocolate covered chewy granola bar, 1 small package of skittles, a 100-calorie yogurt, two small slices of pizza (cheese only because I took the pepperoni and bacon off and fed it to the dog) 3-4 pieces of cinnamon cake with cream cheese gingerbread icing. coffee, water, dmd

tomorrow is a new day. I am going to download some songs now to "motivate" me. wish I had a friend who would walk/run with me.

Jeremiah 29:11 : "For I alone know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

No comments:

Post a Comment