Saturday, August 22, 2009

quick update

Okay Thursday morning I tried to walk Tebow again, but again, he walked me, and pulled me, and drug me a little ways down the concrete. He chased after a skunk and I ate it right on the street. Luckily, it was only about 4:55 am so only one car saw me. (I HATE walking where/when people can see me, but I like to walk where it is well-lit.) With road rash and a hole in my sweatpants, I vowed to get him a new collar. We walked about 2 and 1/2 miles in approx. 50 min. Not great.

Thursday evening we went to PetSmart, (after a huge fight about communication and values). After consulting the experts at the store, we opted for a Gentle Leader. The Gentle Leader is a special, humane "head collar" that keeps them from pulling and fighting against a leash. It doesn't go across their windpipes; more like a harness, not a muzzle, blah, blah, blah.

Friday morning - new Gentle Leader worked like a charm and I was able to walk/run for about 50 minutes but did not go up and down hills because I wanted to stay close to my car (in case Tebow had breathing troubles because he is a flat-nosed dog and the video had a special alert for such dogs). He was perfectly fine, but I was just being careful. Monday I am going to start a different Couch to 5K plan that is geared for 8 weeks of training. My race is 8 weeks from tomorrow. I am going to walk the dog in the mornings enough to help him be calmer during the day and get the exercise he needs and then I am going to try to work up to my 3.3 miles by running in the evenings without him.

This morning I weighed 124.5 lbs. I can't even remember how much and what all I have eaten in the last two days. I am going to get a grip on my out-of-control eating, though. I got an iPhone today and I downloaded an app that keeps track of calories and another one called MapMyRun. I can't wait to start keeping track of how far I actually go and start trying to train for real. This week has been really good though because I walked all five morinings of school. That isn't exactly going to get me looking like Kelly Ripa, but it is a start. I have until April to get in rock-hard, totally cut shape for my reunion. Not just for my reunion, for me, and forever.

I love my students (mostly); they are so sweet - they are anxious to learn, they listen, and I don't even know what to do with some of them because they are so eager to please.

I love Kyle Busch now. I think he is misunderstood. And he drives the M&M's car, which is AWESOME! He is my guy. Not Dale Jr., not Jeff G., I'm going with the guy who wears chocolate on his chest.

My cousin had a baby and I can't wait to meet her. Her name is Grace. I think she is gorgeous.

Tomorrow: church, the river and grading papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment