Sunday, August 23, 2009

a little ranting

Okay so I took yesterday off. I am going to go run tonight. I am having a VERY hard time not comparing my progress to that of others. I mean, it is good that I am exercising AT ALL, but everytime I get on facebook, I have friends who are running more, stairclimbing longer, competing in full-body combat, swimming rivers, completing trail marathons, teaching spin and yoga classes, riding bikes up and down hills and on and on. I should feel inspired by this, but being the jealous bitch that I am, it just makes me angry.

I am vowing to turn my frown upside down and keep moving in the right direction. With God's help, I hope to learn to love myself and not be so dependent on the acceptance of others. Fat chance. No pun intended. :-)

I have a TON of housework and schoolwork to do and it is already getting kind of late, but I am still going to run/walk about three miles this evening. I am hoping I can get it done in less than an hour.....with no Tebow, that should be possible. I am also going to check a 5K in 8 weeks plan online since my race is now 8 weeks from today. I feel like I am moving in the right direction, but I have a loooooonnnnngggg way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment