Tuesday, August 18, 2009

okay, that was rough

Here is how things went beginning at 4:50 this morning:
  • woke up the dog
  • took him out for a walk
  • encountered mean neighborhood dog who bit Tebow a few weeks ago
  • Tebow FREAKED out and started pulling away from me
  • it was totally black with no moon or stars
  • I got him in the car and he proceeded to step on my thighs and scratch them
  • I drove to a well-lit location approx. 2 miles away
  • began walking and running (off and on) with Tebow
  • he almost pulled me over one time chasing a phantom animal
  • he stopped at least 72 times to smell something, what, I have no idea!
  • he pulled and dragged and struggled against me the entire time
  • once, at a corner (a busy 4-way stop) we encountered another dog who was on a chain who decided to bark repeatedly at him
  • again, Tebow FREAKED out and tried to get at the other dog
  • he spun me around and around and I had to put one foof up on the curb and pull back with all my weight to hold onto him
  • two other very accomplished runners went by at a collegiate-track-runner pace and I immediately got a huge boost of inferiority
  • I wrapped the leash around my wrist and then around my shoulder so he was on a shorter lead
  • finally got back to my car after he pulled on me the entire way up a hill
  • got in the car and decided to figure out how far we had walked (at this point I am in a FOUL mood)
  • I roll the window down for him in the back seat of my car
  • as I drive, he sticks his head out the window and when I came to a stop sign, we saw another dog being walked on a leash
  • he jumped the entire front half of his body out the window while barking violently at the other dog (a tiny shi-zu with a rather grouchy-looking owner lady)
  • I completely turn my head around to yell at him and try to grab him and in doing so, completely turn the steering wheel to the right with me
  • I almost run into a trailer parked on the curb and slam on my brakes
  • Tebow then slides off the seat and slams into the back of the driver's seat
  • I realized that I needed some positive vibes and fast
  • I drove home, hugged my kids, and vowed to get a prong collar TODAY
Okay, so tonight, my husband would not let us get a sitter and go to a pet store because he wanted to mow the grass. He said I could go by myself but then he decided he wanted the house cleaned up and he started helping for the first time in weeks. Then I felt guilty and I didn't go because it is an hour away and I felt like I should help around the house. Now I have to take the stupid dog again tomorrow.
By the way - we only made it 2.9 miles in 62 minutes. That is not going to bode well in my 5K race. Holy crap I have a long way to go.......
weight: 125.5 breakfast: 2 cinnamon pop-tarts (420 cal.), lunch: one box of frozen lasagna (350 cal.), supper: 8 schezchan wingz and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment