Sunday, August 30, 2009

ok, people

Here is what happened: Last night, I went to Cheddar's to eat with friends.....well, I ate chicken fingers, nachos, potato skins and ranch dressing, in addition to fries with cheese and bacon.

Needless to say, when I woke up this morning I felt like I had slept upside down in a freight train car. I vowed to get it in gear today, right after I won my Mercedes M-Class on ebay.

Problem: while patiently waiting for my husband to come home from squirrel hunting, the auction ENDED!!! I thought I had an hour and forty minutes left, but it ended at a price I would have bid and it had EVERYTHING I wanted. I have been looking for the same kind of car for over a year and waiting for one to get in the price range I am willing to go. This was so it.

Sooooooo NOT it, apparently. AAAGGHHHHHH!

So, I decided I could sit here on the couch feeling bloated, fat and lazy and bemoan my lost car, searching endlessly for another one (which will probably take another year), or I could get off my fat butt and go for a walk because it is beautiful outside! That's what I did!!! Finally - some motivation kicked me off the couch! I left a sleeping husband, sleeping child, and sleeping dog in the family room and exited through the front door. (It wasn't that difficult; I really don't understand my laziness.)

I went two miles: ran the first 1/4 of a mile and then walked. By the end of the first half mile, my lungs were killing me. I started the asthmatic coughing thing and ran again for the last quarter of the first mile. I wanted to quit at the end of the first mile so badly. (What is wrong with me? Have I seriously become so fat and out of shape that I don't even want to walk more than one mile?) I trudged on - I only walked the second mile, but I walked briskly and I didn't quit. My legs, cellulite notwithstanding, were totally fine after two miles - not even tired.

Beth Moore says to "plan your victories. " I plan to drink a lot of water and eat an apple later today. I have already had a few handfuls of chocolate chips, a yogurt, a bag of crackers and some quakes (cheese, of course). This goal is aided by the fact that the crock-pot is full of squirrels. Yes, I said squirrels, and they smell really bad, so when coupled with the kind-0f-nauseous-post-exercise feeling, the apple-and-peanut-butter-for-dinner plan should be pretty easy to implement.

Vowing to keep searching for the right car. I am sure that one wasn't meant to be. Serious bummer, though, because I really wanted it. Also cannot decide whether or not to take another class this semester to advance my progress in the LME program......wanted to take a little break, but really want to get finished sooner. What should I do? I have to decide today, since classes start tomorrow. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

Going for another walk tonight - three miles with the dog and the weighted vest.....my race is seven weeks from today. I still weigh the same I did when I started two weeks ago (126 lbs.), but I feel like I am healthier and my body is getting more toned. At least that is what I am telling myself!

Psalm 118:24 : This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it! NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment