Saturday, April 3, 2010

randomosity taken to new heights (or depths)





My dog is 65 pounds and he totally thinks he is a lapdog. This is only a problem when I am trying to be on my LAPtop, because despite my healthy size, my lap is not that big.

I can't wait to see my niece and nephew and brother-in-law and sister-in-law for Easter tomorrow!

It is only 52 minutes until midnight Easter Sunday and I get to weigh myself (yay!) because I gave up the scale for Lent. I must share that this is the first time EVER and I do mean EVER in my life that I have stuck with whatever I gave up for Lent. Usually, I give up chocolate and I have already broken it by noon on Ash Wednesday. Not kidding. I think I was around 129 on Fat Tuesday. We'll see what it says tonight....but I might not choose to share just yet.

I seriously want to take up the carpet in our family room and put down wood. or tile, or anything other than this carpet. I looked today at Sam's Club and found some gorgeous Bamboo in a dark cherry color for $2.49/square foot. I think we need 1000 square feet. Yikes.

I still cannot decide whether or not to go to my reunion. I am leaning towards going. I registered for a 5K race in Neptune Beach on the Saturday morning and I asked for a sub for that day for a Personal Business Day. I guess I just need to make a hotel reservation and plane and rent a car. and have liposuction and a face lift and a tummy tuck and teeth bleaching. Since that is not realistic, I am committing to walking 3-4 miles a day, using Crest Night Strips, and find something amazing and spandex to wear. I am scheduled for an oxygen mask on the Thursday before.....need to make an appointment for haircut and highlights and eyebrow waxing. I think I can do it. I think it will be great.

I am annoyed with myself for deleting my entire post from last Wednesday. I had someone write me an email who was offended by some of my comments. In reaction and cooperation, I deleted the whole thing, not just the pieces that upset her. Now I wish I had only deleted the parts that were misunderstood. Does anyone know how I can get that back? I am sure there is a way and I just don't know. I realize that I don't have to delete EVERYTHING if someone doesn't like what I write. I try very hard to choose my words carefully, and I never intend to hurt or upset ANYONE. After all the blog is all about me, right? Just kidding.

Seriously, though, I need to be more secure in my thoughts and feelings and be willing to defend what I write, even if it is misunderstood or mis-perceived. I am going to continue learning how to navigate this blogging thing just like everyone else. We weren't taught the etiquette in school because there was no Internet when I was in school. So, I think we should all give everyone a break, don't get our panties in a wad, and be willing to amend, but not delete, anything that someone feels is inappropriate.

I completely enjoy HGTV. I hope there is HGTV in Heaven, because I am going there someday.

Celebrate our Risen Lord. His love, grace, and sacrifice are incomprehensibly spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment