Wednesday, April 7, 2010

part I of the car story

I am going to my reunion, registered for another 5K and only have 22 days to get in shape. I gotta go so I can get my kids to bed and work-out for about 2 hours. I am going to commit 1 and half to 2 hours a day until Thursday, April 22 because that is my makeover day.

It's time to tell the story.....about when I bought my car. It all started on a Sunday afternoon in November.....I was pouting because I had all kinds of school work to do (papers to grade) and graduate school (MS in library media education) homework to do and I wanted to go shopping, but I couldn't because my husband wanted to go deer hunting. (grrrr....)

So I logged onto eBay and started looking for my standard: Mercedes Benz - M-Class - 1999 to 2005 body style - black, white, or green - under 100,000 miles I didn't find what I liked there, so went to unlimited miles and unlimited distance......then that's when it happened.

I found one that was in Houston, TX and had 112,000 miles on it for not very much money and it was to run out in two more days. I bid on it thinking that I could pay that much with little or no problems (other than robbing Peter to pay Paul) and that there was no way I could get it for that price because it was pretty low. My iPhone is set up to send me outbid messages from eBay whenever I get outbid. I kept checking my phone at school all day for the next two days waiting for an "eBay outbid notice" to show up in my texts. The closer the time got to the end of the auction, the faster my heart was beating, seeing as how I had never mentioned to my husband that I made said bid. Finally, in sixth period class on the Monday before Thanksgiving, the time ran out, and I did not get outbid. My iPhone said "eBay notice: you won item ....., Mercedez Benz ML 320."

I was so excited, and so panicked at the same time. Since 2005 I had been searching and hoping and bidding and praying for a Mercedes M-Class. Now I had won one, but it was in TEXAS, and I had not consulted my loving husband. What had I gotten myself into??

I started looking into book prices for my vehicle, trying to find someone that would want a 2006 Pontiac Vibe. Contemplating when and where to tell my darling hubby, the afternoon was filled with household chores and errands.

2 comments:

  1. This is a test comment.

    What happened? Did you get the car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, Debra - I will post the rest of the story soon. awesome that you left a comment!! thank you so much - I guess it works now?!

    ReplyDelete