Sunday, April 18, 2010

I'm so behind

I'm so behind and I have finally come to a realization: I can only get caught up on one or two things at a time. If I catch up on my grading, my laundry falls behind. If I catch up on my exercising, my grading falls behind. If I catch up my friend time (which isn't much because I don't have very many), I fall behind on my little boy snuggle time. Right now I feel like I am 1/4 caught up and 3/4 behind in about six areas.

My biggest struggle right now is with work. First of all, let me make it clear that I love my job, love the people for and with whom I work, and love my school. I do not, however, always love junior high kids. I love all of them some of the time and some of them all of the time, but I don't love all of them all of the time. I also don't love the paperwork that comes with my job, but there is no perfect job, and amost every job has at least some paperwork, so I have to put my big girl panties on and deal with it. There are a whole passel of people out there right now who would love to have any job, and much more a job like mine, so no complaining here.

Having said that, right now, I am especially behind (even more than normal for me) on my grading and entering of grades. I also am trying to prepare for teaching preschool next year, learning a new curriculum, moving buildings and room locations, and trying to mentally and physically prepare for a different - well, everything. I am extremely excited about the move, anxious to get to know the children, and desperately wanting to do an amazing job.

Also, in the midst of this move-from-junior-high-to-preschool-while-finishing-my-second-Master's-degree thing, we are trying to remodel our house. I know, right? here's the scoop:

  • Have been discussing what to do with white berber carpet in the living room since we moved in,
  • finally decided to continue wood from dining room throughout the rest of the downstairs,
  • went to get it/order and they don't make it anymore,
  • decided to replace all the wood downstairs and move dining room wood to boys' bedroom (you don't even want to know what that carpet looks like),
  • searched for exactly what wood, width, and shade we want in the living room/dining room,
  • have decided on a 5-6" width, dark color walnut, cherry, bamboo, or some sort of solid, not engineered wood. 
Thankful for those decisions so far.....almost have dear hubby talked into wood stairs and wood hallway in the upstairs so we would be chipping away at the rooms with carpet (yippee!) So thankful for this incredible abundant life God has blessed me with.

Here's my little prayer for tonight: God, please help me stay focused this week and try to catch up on several areas. Also, help me remember not to take my blessings as burdens. Amen.

Also, one of my friends posted this as her facebook status and I thought it was kind of cool, so I copied it:

"Commitment is what transforms a promise into reality. It is the words, which speak boldly of your intentions. It is making the time when there is not. Commitment is the stuff that character is made of. It is the power to change the face of things. It's the daily triumph of integrity over skepticism."

Thanks, KB! Maybe that will help me restore my commitment to exercise. Like I told my students the other day, the only place I have been running lately is to Wendy's for a coffee toffee twisted frosty. I'm gonna work on that, too.

3 comments:

  1. love reading your blogs, you are the best blogger I know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was from me, Wendi- who obviously does't know much about blogging. I put I'm anonymous???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks, Wendi! That means a lot. I will help you learn!

    ReplyDelete