Friday, January 22, 2010

today's craziness

I am so tired today, but so thankful it is Friday. I just got a call from the teaching nurse for the subcutaneous shots that we can have training tonight at our house at 7:00. This is GREAT since we have no basketball game tonight, so today will be his first GH treatment. We are praying that this will help him many ways. Everything worked out just perfectly. (I knew there was a reason for me to be 15 minutes late getting up today!)

I am wearing a bathing suit under my jeans because I have no clean underwear. Yesterday I wore a panty-girdle. Guess laundry is on my list for this weekend.

Recently had the "how-to-wash-your-face-with-acne-cleanser" session with the boys. Last night's ride to the away ballgame proved that we need to have a "how-and-when-to-use-deoderant-with-discretion" conversation. Holy Lord. I almost gagged.

I think it is probably a sin to love a vehicle as much as I love my new car. It is 10 years old and has a ton of miles, but it is my dream car and I get a little happier every time I get in it. Despite what my husband says, it's not the Mercedes emblem on the front that makes me like it; the body style, heated leather seats, and 4-wheel drive all contribute largely as well.

Not like it matters, but I weigh 124 today. I have lost 5 lbs since last Tuesday, but I am in the Biggest Loser contest at my school and last semester I totally let my team down by going up the whole time. This semester I am going to do better. John, of course, has lost 10 lbs. since last Monday - 6 last week and 4 this week. On what planet does that make any sense? I just want to look like Kelly Ripa. Is that too much to ask?! Ha ha.

Seriously, I just want my kids to feel well and be healthy. I'll take looking like me if we can get there.

1 comment:

  1. I just read your blog that I linked too from the Magic Foundation e-mail. I pray for the Lord to continue to sustain you in all of this! My kiddo is 2 and a half and has panhypopit. He's been on GH almost since birth. You can do the shots. Promise. It's intimidating at first, but you'll get good at it. We can even sneak in to his room and give it at night without waking him sometimes. Glad you're getting some clear answers and some good medical care.
    amberly strebeck (www.athansjourney.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete