Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunday night and I am annoyed

I am always annoyed on Sunday night because school looms over me for Monday morning. Tonight I am especially annoyed for the following reasons:
  • I have been doing P-90X for 5 days and I now weigh the same as I did when I started.
  • My youngest child is stressed about his AR points, and I think AR is silly and can be counter-productive in getting kids to read
  • My husband needs me to painstakingly help him go through a tape of a pitiful game from his even more pitiful season - TONIGHT (and it is 9:40 already)
  • I have a huge stack of papers to grade and no motivation to grade them
  • I am tired of the snow and cold and there is supposed to be more coming for tonight
  • John keeps losing weight and he is annoying me with his dedication and water-drinking and his condescending attitude about my diet sodas

I am trying to be positive, so let's look at this in the glass-is-half-full sort of way:

  • I have finally started exercising again and making better choices (yay! because this is long overdue)
  • We still have plenty of time for me to help Tretter read the gargantuan book he has chosen in time for the deadline
  • I actually like helping John with basketball things when he needs it because it makes me feel supportive and needed
  • I have to get through the stack of papers this week because mid-terms go out Friday so everything must be graded and recorded before then. Deadline=forced motivation
  • Any significant snowfall tonight might result in a snow day or a delay tomorrow. :-) (which of course I will use to exercise, eat healthy, do laundry and tackle that huge stack of papers!)
  • John's success is motivating me to increase my water intake (a fact that my aesthitician will rejoice over) and contemplate giving up diet sodas for Lent (or for good) (gasp!) (insert silent sobs here)

Two more positive results of this weekend: we are going to Cancun in 34 days and I have decided to suck it up and go to my reunion on April 24 in Jacksonville, Florida. I am working so hard to get in shape for Cancun so I might as well go.

Tomorrow's list includes: taking a class for CPR certification, delivering 3 wedding gifts to people who have gotten married within the last year, washing the basketball uniforms for a 5 pm game, and drinking lots of water. :-) Wow, this blogging thing is great.

Three of my favorite things: hugs, cupcakes, electric blankets

No comments:

Post a Comment