Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow days, go days

Okay, so most people think that Snow Days are AWESOME! myself included. Tomorrow will be our third snow day in a row. Today, my wonderful husband and two precious children all went to school, but I did not. This resulted in some much-needed down time for momma!

Yesterday we scheduled a trip to Cancun, Mexico for spring break. This kind of thing is totally out of character for us boring folks who rarely go anywhere unless the destination has significant educational potential. We also are relatively frugal, although I am sure my conservative in-laws (whom I love very much) would argue that point. :-) Therefore, the last two days have been spent running around making arrangements for expedited passports and beginning an understandably-mandatory-if-you-saw-me-in-a-bathing-suit workout program. Luckily, two of the other moms going on the trip wanted to work-out too. Consequently, last night three moms and one young 'un got together at the local high school and did the first day of P90-X.

I hope I make it through tonight's effort staying upright the whole 50 minutes. If you have never done this workout, it totally kicks your butt. Of course, I don't have ninety days, but I do have 42 days, I think. I figure I am going to look better in 42 days if I do P90-X everyday between now and then than if I do nothing. Of course, eating ice cream with my lunch and a whole bag of barbecue potato chips for snack this afternoon is not going to help me move in the right direction. Yesterday I weighed 128 and today I weighed 126, which is the first time all year I have gone down instead of up after a snow day. A small victory is still a victory! Tomorrow I am going to walk on the treadmill while everyone else is at school and still do P90-X tomorrow night. That is, provided I can get out of bed tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment