Monday, February 15, 2010

P90X is kicking my X

Okay - not focusing on the weight, just focusing on getting more toned. Sure, that sounds good- I'll keep telling myself that until I believe it. I am giving up the scale for Lent I decided. I still am in the biggest loser contest at school, although I totally need to be voted off the island. I can weigh with my back to the scale and have someone else record it and then I can look when Easter is over. I think I might do better if we had a PARTNER rather than a group/team. John has a partner and it is his boss, so he is extra dedicated. I can't even remember who is on my team!

I am loving the Olympics - I thought the opening ceremonies in Vancouver were amazing and moving. K.D. Lange was the best I had ever seen her and that performance was moving and beautiful. Also loved the dancers and the projectors - it was so artistic and creative! Hated that their fire thing messed up a little at the end, but it didn't take anything away from it for me. I still thought it was incredibly beautiful. Absolutely LOVED the United States' outfits. The hats, coats, sweaters, pants - everything about them!!! I want one of those hats so bad - I am going to look for one today online (since we don't have school). I think Lindsey Vonn is one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen. If this whole Olympic skiiing thing doesn't work out, I feel certain she could make it as a supermodel. She is gorgeous. End of story.

I knitted the cutest purse yesterday - I used recycled silk yarn from saris in India and made a bucket bag. I haven't put the handles on it yet, but I can't wait to use it! I absolutley adore the silk yarn - can't get enough of it!

Currently arguing with my 9-year-old about reading Harry Potter - he says he reads everyday, yet he is way behind on his points.....go figure. He is giving me the evil eye right now and pouting but he looks adorable because he has on a red sock cap and red shorts and, in typical Tretter style, he has a navy Under Armour shirt with a black t-shirt over it from the Outer Banks. gotta love it!

I don't know what time we are doing our exercising today, but I know that I seriously might not make it...yesterday I was horizontal on the floor when we got finished and I could barely get back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment